Many people have to wear steel toe boots every day because of their jobs.
Sometimes it will be so hard and uncomfortable to wear these safety boots all day while working. It’s so tight that your toes’ hurt. Don’t worry, let we how you three easy methods to “stretch your safety boot” via this article.
How to Widen Steel Toe Boots?
There are three effective ways to stretch your boots:
- Using rubbing alcohol to loosen the boots
- Using freezing method to stretch your safety shoes
- Using your broomstick
Using Rubbing Alcohol to Loosen the Boots
Stretching the fabric of your boots by rubbing alcohol is the most common method. People have been using alcohol to loosen their boots for decades.
- Step 1: Prepare a spray bottle and put rubbing alcohol inside.
- Step 2: Spray the rubbing alcohol on your safety boots until it’s completely soaked.
- Step 3: Put on your steel toe boots and let the alcohol dry.
- Step 4: Keep repeating the process until you get your desired fit.
Freezing Method to Stretch your Boots
For this freezing method, you need to prepare two zip lock bags. Then follow these steps carefully to make sure this method works:
- Step 1: Pour the water into the zip lock bags. Make sure that there is no air inside the bag.
- Step 2: Put the zip lock bags in your shoes. Place it near the toes or the heel area.
- Step 3: Get your boots inside the freezer.
When the water freezes, it expands. This will help you to widen your shoes and make them more comfortable for you to wear.
Using your Broomstick
This is the easiest method that you can use to stretch your safety boots at home. What you need is a broomstick and please follow these steps:
- Step 1: Put the broom’s stick inside your boots.
- Step 2: After inserting it, pull it out of your shoes.
- Step 3: Repeat the process until you see that the boot’s leather starts to relax. Make sure to not over stretch it or it can be too loose for you.
What are Steel Toe Boots?
These boots are also known as safety boots, steel-toe caps, or safety shoes. These are special boots with high duration. Steel toe boots are designed to have protective reinforcement to protect the user’s toes. This reinforcement can prevent damage on your toes if some objects accidentally fall on them.
Steel toe boots are pretty important for people who work in construction sites. Many people work in other industries also using these boots to protect their feet. These safety shoes are very effective in keeping the feet of workers safe from sharp and heavy objects while doing heavy work in construction sites or in factories.
Nowadays, safety boots have many styles such as sneakers, dress shoes, or clogs. It can be designed to be quite formal for supervising engineers to wear.
Why do you Have to Wear Stretch Steel Toe Boots?
The reason why workers have to wear these safety boots is because it can protect their feet. In general, workers have to work in dangerous situations. Some of them work in construction sites. Some of them work in manufactured factories.
They have to work for long hours and do heavy work every day. There is a risk that their feet might get injured while working. Heavy objects such as bricks, lumbers can fall on workers’ feet if they are working on a construction site.
Besides, wearing steel toe boots can be obligated because it is an OSHA requirement. There are potential hazards listed if you are working in an industry. And they will require you to wear safety boots to prevent those hazards from happening.
1. Are there other Methods to Stretch Steel Toe Boots?
Yes, there are. We have so many ways to stretch your steel to boots. In this article, we just provided you the easiest way to widen your boots. There are still some method that you can consider using it if you like:
- Spray stretching spray on your boots
- Heating your boots method.
- Using wet towel.
2. Can you Recommend some Comfortable Steel Toe Boots?
There are many steel toe boots that are very suitable and comfortable for you. But it won’t prevent you from seeking the best one to wear. We definitely can recommend some of the most comfortable steel toe boots for you:
- Caterpillar Men’s Revolver: this is a soft boot. It will make your feet more comfortable while using it if you have to work all day.
- Kingshow Men’s 1366.
We highly recommend that you use those boots to feel more comfortable.
3. How much do Steel Toe Boots Weigh?
If you love wearing boots, you may know that steel toe boots are actually heavier than normal boots. To shortly explain, steel toe boots are designed for construction workers to wear. They need to do heavy work, and their toes need to be protected.
The weight of the boots depends on its brand, design, and model. Most boots weigh 4.5 lbs. Sometimes it can weigh around 5 lbs.
4. What Protection do Steel Toe Boots Provide to the Wearer?
These safety shoes have a steel protection covering over the toe box. This steel protection protects the wearer from injuries from compression by heavy objects.
Steel toe boots are pretty good at protecting your toes from dangerous situations while working. You may feel uncomfortable sometimes. In this article, we have provided the top three easiest ways to widen your steel toe boots. We hope to give you the best answers you are seeking.